If you’ve been around Proverbial Homemaker very long, you know that we LOVE the Jesse Tree tradition in our home during Christmas season!
This year, we decided to try something a little different to shake things up. We’re doing a Jesse Tree LEGO Challenge to work those imaginations, build skills, and burn the story into their little minds and hearts!
This is a fun twist on a Christ-centered tradition that is sure to delight your children. It starts December 1. Will you join us?
Jesse Tree LEGO Challenge
- Read the scripture for the day
- Discuss how the story points to Jesus
- Discuss the symbol and how it relates to the story
- Hang the ornament on the tree
- Complete the Build It task and/or the Extra Challenge Task(s) (these are building prompts and not detailed instructions)
- Duplex document has the symbol and title on one side and the reading and LEGO challenges on the other side.
- There is also a single-side option.
- Print and laminate the set of your choice, punching a hole in the top for hanging on the tree.
- You could also tape/glue the pieces onto a tree cut out from poster board.
- Reading Plan
- Includes the scripture readings and challenge prompts (you could use it with an existing ornament set/devotion).
- Follows the one at the Reformed Church of America site. You can find a devotion there to accompany this plan.
- Take pictures of your LEGO creations or save them in a big display as you go!
Need More LEGOS?
Amazon has great deals on LEGO sets and parts! You can often get a pound or two of pieces for a low price, not to mention all the fun sets available!