Why Teach Theology to Your Kids?
- They will ask the questions anyway. And sooner than we think.
- It will help tie together the Bible stories and scriptures they are learning.
- We will give them a pattern of faith (our own) to work from as they grow into their own understanding.
What is Catechism?
How to Teach Catechism
- It’s NOT a replacement for regular Bible reading and study.
- It WON’T guarantee kids that love God and know His Word.
- It’s NOT useful unless it points to Christ.
- deep conversations,
- big-picture understanding,
- dots being connected in their mind across the scriptures
It is like laying out a roughly drawn map. This map is in the shape of the cross. It’s the heart of God.