Disclosure: *This post may include affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the disclosures and terms for more information.
Have you been looking for an interactive science curriculum for your homeschool? The Science4Us.com Online Subscription is a K-2nd grade curriculum with over 350 online activities, hands-on activities, and printable worksheets!
We’ve been using the Science4Us.com kindergarten science activities and lesson plans in our homeschool for the past several weeks and have had a good experience with it.
There is really a lot to this web site and we’re looking forward to exploring more in the coming months. On the Science4Us.com home page, you can watch a video with the basic features available.
- Physical Science: Matter, energy, force and motion
- Science Inquiry: Science skills and tools (observation, experiments, etc.)
- Life Science: Living things, food webs, habitats, and eco-awareness
- Earth/Space: Earth features, weather, space exploration, etc.
Here’s a look at the student’s view (includes a “dashboard,” lesson activity, and video):
- Material for K-2nd (or review for up to 5th grade)
- Engaging lessons: Online and offline activities, videos, songs and games
- Digital notebooks: charts, graphs, and drawing tools for interactive learning experiences
- Lesson Plans: Comprehensive lesson plans with lots of teaching helps. Teachers can assign modules to individual students.
- Teaching Strategies: Tools and strategies for teaching across grade levels and learning styles.
- Student Reports: Student management and reporting for tracking activities and assignments.
How We’re Using It
We try to use Science4Us.com about 3 times a week on average and have been camping out in the lesson plans about animals. We usually crack open the computer for the lesson just after breakfast or lunch. Some days we spent more time in it than others.
My children range from 1 to 6, so we all log in with my oldest’s account and go through the lessons together. We take turns being in charge of answering questions. The older 2 sometimes use the printed worksheets that go along with the lesson.
We plan on continue using Science4Us.com as a group like this because we really enjoy it that way! However, as we continue on to other units my 6 year old will be going back later in the day to do some of the more interactive features (like the notebook) on his own. Those individualized capabilities add something to our homeschool that we just don’t have otherwise. I know my son will really enjoy them!
It can be easy to overlook some of the features in Science4Us.com and not take full advantage of the program. There’s a lot on each screen, and you’d do well to explore the teacher area and explore the student area with your kids before diving into lessons. That minimizes any frustration with navigating the content. Watching the videos and reading through all the teacher materials also helps quite a bit.
Overall, we are enjoying Science4Us.com in our homeschool and plan to continue using it in the coming months. I believe our next set of lessons will be in the Science Inquiry area.
If you’re going to pay for a monthly subscription to the site (the price is pretty reasonable), make sure you know all the features and how best to use them with your kids! For us, the biggest value in the curriculum is being able to do science together with the littles as well as more involved activities my son can do on his own.
Right now, this is a perfect addition to our nature studies and completes our K/1st science curriculum for the year!
Find Out More
Interested in learning more about Science4Us.com?
- Cost: The Science4Us.com Online Subscription is $7.95 per child per month.
- More Reviews: Read more reviews of Science4Us.com from the Schoolhouse Review Crew!
Explore Science4Us.com and see if it is a good fit for your family!
Linking up with these great blogs.
If you would like to have Proverbial Homemaker delivered to your inbox, click here: Subscribe to Proverbial Homemaker. Or join us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.