I spend a lot of time talking to moms about the struggles of homemaking, homeschooling, family life, and more. Around here in the Proverbial Homemaker community, we like simple solutions that can be implemented in REAL LIFE. Nothing shiny or perfect (who has time for that?), but always making progress, and everything focused on glorifying God.
Sound good? If so, you’re in the right place! I’m so glad you’re here.
Let’s get started!
- Check out our statement of faith.
- Find unique and helpful tools and resources in our store.
- Want to know more about me? Click here for the deets.
- Browse the list of our top posts by category below!
- Have a question or comment? Email me at tauna (at) proverbialhomemaker (dot) com and I’ll be glad to help!
FIRST THINGS FIRST – Get updates delivered to your inbox!
Join over 37,000 women in the Proverbial Homemaker community.
- Scriptures for the Homemaker’s Heart – Print out these free scripture cards and art prints to keep you encouraged in your homemaking.
- Homemaking Planners & Courses – Check out our unique planners and courses for us domestically challenged types and get your house under control!
- Mix n’ Match Menu Planner – I LOVE this planner and use it all the time. Simple, effective, and flexible so you can change your mind without the whole thing falling apart.
- 15 Easy Tips for a More Inviting Home – Hospitality and decorating are not my forte, to say the least, but here are some tips I’ve learned in order to adequately fake it! Lol!
- Tips for Decluttering Your Home (with checklists) – Decluttering is SO challenging with a busy household and kids in tow. Here is a practical and unique printable pack with some tips to help YOU make it happen!
- Home Blessing Day (with planner) – Home Blessing Day is a weekly tradition in our home and homeschool that help bring me sanity and peace. At least, a little bit.
- Pray Over Your Homeschool – Praying over our homeschool is so very important. Here are some free scripture cards to help! You may also want to check out my book, The Prayerful Homeschooler.
- Homeschooling with Little Ones in Tow – I know how hard it can be to keep the little ones occupied so you can get homeschooling done! Here are some tips to help.
- Using Rhythms & Routines for Homeschool Planning – Want to know a secret? I don’t do detailed lesson planning. 😲 But our system based on rhythms and routines has worked beautifully for us for years and is flexible while keeping me on track! Come see if it’s right for you.
- Homeschooling from a Biblical Worldview – Teaching our children for the Lord is the primary goal in our homeschool. Find out why I’m so passionate about it and be encouraged!
- What Christian Moms Really Want – Hint… it’s not a new dishwasher. Or even a spa day.
- Dear Mom Who Just Lost Her Temper – You are not alone and I have some encouragement for you here!
- 60 Random Acts of Kindness for Kids – Teach your kids to think of others with this fun and creative activity!
- Our Favorite Character Resources – Find high quality, Christ-centered character resources here! These are the ones I use in our home.
- 11 Verses for the Weary and Overwhelmed Mom – We all will need these every once in a while. Go get them now!
- Read, Pray, Love Scripture Memory & Prayer System – For three years we have done a year-long prayer and memorization effort as a community. Come check it out as we read the Word, love our families, and pray for them!
- Tauna’s Story: Nothing Left But Jesus – So you know where I’m coming from.
- 12 Creative Ways to Fit In More Bible Time – Make time for God’s Word! It doesn’t always (or ever) have to look like early mornings sipping coffee while the kids sleep.
Health and Wellness
- A Skeptic’s Journey with Essential Oils – I thought essential oils were a sham. (I still think that sometimes people can come across as sham-my about them.) Come read about what I learned and how I put them to the test.
- How We Stay Healthy During Cold & Flu Season (with 6 kids!) – Because otherwise we’d be home all the time due to sickness. We used to have those years a lot!
- Homemade Cough Drops for Kids – Someone once joked they looked like little dogs pooped them. Which was really weird, but it made me laugh. Don’t tell your sensitive kids that though. 😉 Good thing they taste good.
- Homemade Elderberry Syrup Kids Actually Like – Because my kids wouldn’t take any of the other recipes I tried! With this recipe I’m practically fighting them off with a spoon.
- Essential Oils for Women’s Health (+ Recipes) – If you’ve ever wondered how to try essential oils for general wellness and specific issues, this is a great place to start!