Hi! I’m Tauna and I’m glad you’re here! Take a few moments to find out more about me, Proverbial Homemaker, and what you can expect to find in these pages.
Who is the “Proverbial Homemaker?”
Well, it certainly isn’t me! At least, not if “Proverbial Homemaker” means the perfect wife, mom, and keeper of the home. In fact, the title of “Proverbial Homemaker” applied to me is very tongue-in-cheek. Trust me.
However, I know that God has called me to be the very thing I am so underqualified to be. The truth is, I am inadequate for the task. I am insufficient for the job. And if we are being honest, so are you!
…a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. ~ Proverbs 31:30
Yet our sufficiency is in Christ, not in our own efforts or abilities. When we stay anchored in Him throughout each day, especially in the storms, His power can and will transform our hearts, our marriages, and the lives of our children. THAT is the “Proverbial Homemaker.” It’s you and I when we are looking to God first, depending wholly upon Him, and living by His Spirit.
Is it about us all trying to be the same Pinterest-pefect type of wife and mom, or of keeping a home in just the “right” way? No! Rather, it’s about submitting to God’s will for our homes and our families, allowing Him to work His amazing purposes through us!
What an honor and a privilege.
Who is Tauna?
I am wife to a wonderful man and mom to five (loud, messy, amazing) beautiful children. Both my husband and I are native to the Northwest and still live in beautiful NW Oregon.
A few random things about me:
- I have a thing for coffee.
- Chocolate is a primary food group for me.
- I once raced a car in a motor cross event. Once.
- The domestic front has been an uphill battle for me.
- Before motherhood, I was a software systems analyst.
- I also used to have an affinity for shoes.
- Now I have an affinity for small appliances.
- I like to watch sci fi but I like to read non-fiction and literary classics.
- It took me years to accept ebooks over paper. They still make me a little twitchy.
- I love to garden and have been improving those skills over time.
Bottom Line: I am just an ordinary woman who loves and extraordinary God – One who changes, redeems, transforms, and loves like crazy. I write this blog for Him as well as to be a help and encouragement to you as we walk along the same journey!
You can also read more about my personal testimony.
What to Expect Here
My goal is to encourage you and connect you with tools and resources to help you in your daily life. Here’s what you’ll find at Proverbial Homemaker:
- Encouragement for your walk with Christ
- Biblical marriage and parenting
- Homeschooling (pre-k/k/early elem.)
- Keeping the home (especially for the domestically challenged among us)
- Frugal living and stewardship
- Giveaways, reviews, and regular freebies
How to Connect With Me
I love hearing from you!