Homeschooling is a joy-filled, satisfying, stretching experience. I know how overwhelming it can be, too. But there are great homeschooling tools and resources to help! I keep this page updated with the top posts on Proverbial Homemaker with my best homeschool tips, encouragement, and resources to make your life easier!
Getting Started Homeschooling
Homeschooling can seem daunting at first, but you can totally do this. Be patient with yourself and allow for time to learn the ins-and-outs. Here are some helpful resources for how to start homeschooling, including a full series you’ll want to take the time to browse through.
- How to Start Homeschooling: 10 Important Things You Should Know
- The One Thing That Saved Our Homeschool (Plus Tools for Homeschool Prayer)
- 6 Things You Need to Know About Homeschool Requirements and Laws
- What is Deschooling & How does it Work?
- Learning Styles in Children (and strategies for teaching each one)
- Homeschool Methods & Homeschool Styles: Which One is Right for You?
- How to Choose the Perfect Curriculum
- Homeschool Schedule Tips + Our Year-Round 4-Day Week Homeschool Routine
- Easy Tips for Planning the Homeschool Year
- Vision for Your Homeschool – How to Write Your Mission Statement
- Setting Your Homeschool Goals
Homeschool Planning & Organization Tips
- Homeschool Organization: 6 Strategies to Calm the Chaos
- Our 4-Day Week, Year-Round Homeschool Schedule
- Using Rhythms & Routines for Homeschool Planning
- Easy Tips for Planning the Homeschool Year
- 25 Ideas for Homeschool Organization in a Small Space
- Managing Your Homeschool with Loop Scheduling
- School 4 Days and Make the 5th Day a Home Blessing Day
- 10 Tips for Homeschooling Consistently
- How to Make Time for Homeschool Extras
Homeschool Curriculum Resource Ideas
- Our Current Homeschool Curriculum Choices
- How to Use Audiobooks in Your Homeschool
- Our Favorite Bible Resource for Homeschool & Family Discipleship
- How to Teach Music in Your Homeschool
- Tips for Keeping Homeschool Science Fun
- 5 Homeschool Art Tips for Busy Moms
- 30+ Christian Online Homeschool Curriculum Picks
- Bible-Based Language Arts Homeschool
- How We Teach Spelling in Our Homeschool
- How We Teach Our Kids to Read
Helpful Homeschool Freebies
- Free Home Blessing Day Planner
- Free Homeschool Prayer Calendars
- Free Loop Schedule Templates
- FREE 7-Day Homeschool Planning Workshop
- Free printable Unit Study Template
- More Freebies
Homeschool Tips for Different Ages and Stages
- How to Homeschool Kindergarten + Curriculum Picks
- One-Room Schoolhouse: Multi-Level Homeschooling Tips & Tricks
- Homeschooling with a Baby or Toddler in Tow
- Best Tips for Homeschooling High School
More Homeschooling Tips & Encouragement
- Type-B Homeschool Mom? Here are 10 things you can stop worrying about.
- 8 Tips for Creating Independent Learners
- Has Homeschooling Overwhelmed You? 7 Ways to Find Relief
- Great Ways to Get Dads Involved in Homeschooling
- How to Homeschool With a Biblical Worldview
- 7 Ways to Incorporate the Charlotte Mason Homeschooling Method
- Homeschool Fears: What’s Holding You Back?
- Our Typical Crazy-Fun Homeschool Day
- Keeping Up with Correcting Homeschool Assignments
- Fun First Day of Homeschool Celebrations
- How to Homeschool for Free
You CAN Homeschool Successfully!
I’m a type-B, domestically challenged homeschool mom of 6 (ages 6-15) and rest assured, if I can do this, so can you! One of my main goals with Proverbial Homemaker is to encourage and equip YOU, homeschool mom, so you can do the work you are called to do with confidence.
- You are the person best equipped by God to teach and train your child.
- Perfection is not required. In fact, I don’t even recommend it. 😉
- Every homeschool and every family is different. No comparing!
- Keep things simple and flexible and you will do well.
- Lean on the Lord in all your efforts and He will direct your path.
Homeschooling, just like family discipleship, is an effort that takes the long view. Take a deep breath! You have time to grow and learn right along with your children. You’ve got this!
As always, feel free to comment here or email me at tauna (at) proverbialhomemaker.com if you ever have questions! You can also connect with me in my Homeschool Successfully Facebook group.
I hope the resources and homeschooling tips below will be a blessing to you on your journey. ❤️
Get your homeschool plan done in 7 days with this free homeschool planning workshop!
This free homeschool planning workshop will guide you through the essential steps for setting up a plan that WORKS for you!
- Daily info and tasks delivered right to your inbox
- Tips from an experienced homeschool mom of 6
- Finish with a plan suited to your unique family
Sign up below and get started today!