12 Creative Ways to Fit in More Bible Time
- Bookend your day: Read a chapter of Proverbs in the morning and a chapter of Psalms at night
- Read a Proverb each day of the month (since there are 31 Proverbs)
- Focus on verse memorization and prayer, meditating on one verse/passage at a time
- Put the Bible in the bathroom (no judgement here lol!)
- Tack a book ring with memory verses to the bathroom wall and review them when you just need a break before you’re going to lose it! Yes… that’s me some days.
- Turn on the audio of YouVersion and stick it in your back pocket while going about your day
- Put worship music on in the background and really praise/worship in those precious pockets of time when they come
- Read your Bible or read it on YouVersion in bed in the morning/evening
- Change up your reading plan. Try Doorposts’ Busy Mama Bible studies and do them with your kids while they eat
- Do a kid’s Bible study along with your children, such as our Bible Brick Challenges or Doorposts’ Busy Mama Bible studies
- Schedule a monthly or quarterly coffee shop getaway for in-depth Bible study
- Play The Visual Bible during the day (it’s scripture only and very well done – We have Matthew and love it)
Resources to Help You Fit in More Bible Time
Over the years, in my regular study and my efforts to “fit in” more Bible time, I have come across some really helpful tools that make it easier. Some of them are mentioned above but I’ll include them here and several more!
- Wide margin journal Bible for writing notes and prayers. This is the one I use.
- A good study Bible like this one or this one when you want to go deeper (along with resources like BlueLetterBible for research)
- Family studies like the James Scripture Challenge or Bible Road Trip (family studies and homeschool Bible count as Bible time, btw!)
- Daily devotion Bible study checklist for kids (and adults)
- Women’s Bible studies for a plan and accountability. (Pray for discernment – there are teachers and studies that are not biblical. I recommend Jen Wilkin and Nancy Demoss Wogelmuth to start with. Other Bible studies by teachers like R.C. Sproul and John MacArthur are also good choices.)
- Get small pocket Bibles that can fit in your purse, in the bathroom, in the car, etc.
- Bible Brick Challenges
- Doorposts’ Busy Mama Bible studies
- YouVersion App for the phone (devotions, audio Bible, reading plans, etc.)
- The Visual Bible (for background scripture)
Struggling to WANT to Read the Bible? (Free Scripture Cards)
$500 Christianbook.com Giveaway!
It’s Back to (Home) School time!!
It’s that time of year, when many homeschoolers are busy preparing for a new school year. Some of you may have already started your new year, and some of you may have never stopped!
I’ve gotten together with a great group of bloggers to make getting ready for the new school year just a little bit easier and hopefully a little less stressful on your wallet. How does $250 sound in helping you buy curriculum, books, games, puzzles, and educational supplies? Two people will win a $250 gift card to Christianbook.com!!
We know homeschooling can put financial strain on families – whether it’s from living on one-income or buying curriculum for your children – the financial aspect of it can be stressful. Our hope is that we can bless a couple of homeschool families (although we wish we could bless many more) so they can buy the curriculum and supplies they need.
To enter for your chance to win, simply use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. Now I know that is quite a few entries for you, but each of these bloggers has generously chipped in their own money to make this giveaway possible, so I hope you will take the time to do all of the entries. And hey, the more entries you do, the better your odds are of winning!
Giveaway ends August 16th, 2019 at 11:59pm ET. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must be a resident of U.S. or Canada to enter. Selected winners will have 48 hours to respond to email notification to claim their prizes or another winner will be drawn. By entering this giveaway, you agree to be added to the email lists of the participating bloggers (see the Terms & Conditions on the Rafflecopter form for the complete list).
a Rafflecopter giveaway