Disclosure: *This post may include affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the disclosures and terms for more information.
Your word I have treasured in my heart,That I may not sin against You. ~ Psalm 119:11
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. ~ Psalm 119:105
I have been on a mission to saturate our home and our days with scripture. Pictures, songs, books, prayers, routines – even how we talk to each other – all these things can be so permeated with scripture that soaking in God’s Word becomes as eating and breathing in our lives.
Saturate your home with scripture:
- Wall displays like these beautiful printable scriptures or vinyl lettering from Wise Decor (a participant in the grand prize giveaway on Friday!)
- Hymns and scripture songs played throughout the day and in the car, like the Songs for Saplings and Seeds Family Worship CDs
- Several Bibles and biblical story books around the house (like in our Bible time basket) for various ages and purposes
- Scripture readings and devotions at every meal or at family worship time
- Family scripture memorization so that you may hide God’s word in your hearts together
I have a coffee cup that I gave to my husband and then stole back. that says “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Good thing it doesn’t say “Thou shalt not steal!”) I can’t even count how many times that scripture has caught my attention as I wearily face a new morning!
…praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. ~ Ephesians 6:18
I’m going to be perfectly honest: my prayer life isn’t great. It’s probably pretty typical though. I have ups and downs, but I want more. I love prayer and I know God has been calling me to deeper prayer for quite some time, but it’s been slow progress. That’s ok though, because God is patient. I am excited for what he’s been calling me to in these next few weeks!
What can help us be faithful and go deeper in our prayer life?
- Becoming a Prayer Warrior ebook from Susan Evans. I love this book and spent some good time reading it and sharing a few gems with you all. Join me for that and check out her Facebook page for encouragement!
- Prayer Retreats. Taking an annual prayer retreat is something I started a few years back. I am so overdue! It is a great way to break through your own noise and enter into real prayer with God.
- Prayer Journals. Writing things down in a journal not only sometimes helps focus our prayers, but it’s a great encouragement to read back over later on. Here is a DIY prayer journal I have done in the past.
- Prayer Helps. Prayer cards and calendars are very helpful tools. Here are ones I use all the time.
What do you do to stay faithful in prayer? What helps you connect with God in those times of communion?
- Doorposts Watchwords – scripture in hand calligraphy
- Printable Wisdom Design scripture prints (in the giveaway!)
- Wise Decor vinyl lettering scripture and quotes (in the giveaway!)
- Integrity Graphics personalized prayer journals (in the giveaway!)
- Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) – International Bible study classes available for all ages. We’ve done this for four years and LOVE it! I have grown so much in it and my kids are learning too.
- Our favorite family devotions:
All Posts on Establishing a Christ-Centered Home
(This giveaway is over)
- Scripture Tea – Four boxes of tea with scripture on the tags!
- Printable Wisdom $10 toward digital printables of scripture Bible verses, quotes, artwork, portraits, silhouettes, monograms, invitations and cards, gift tags, calendars, and more!
- Becoming a Prayer Warrior ebook by Susan Evans helps you move into a deeper prayer life.