Ever since my husband and I met, some 18 years ago now, having a Christ-centered home has been important to us. Over the years, it’s been our family’s focus and something we talk about often. But occasionally I am asked, what IS a Christ-centered home? What does that even mean?
To me, a Christ-centered home means one where we are pointing ourselves and our family to Christ.
It doesn’t mean a perfect and shiny household where there are no struggles. That’s not reality. Instead, it’s a home where God’s Word is our primary focus and we grow together, however imperfectly, in our walk with Jesus.
It’s a haven for intentional relationships, family discipleship, and hospitality. It’s not easy, but it’s oh-so-important.
Part of the purpose of the Proverbial Homemaker site is to provide YOU with encouragement and practical help for cultivating a Christ-Centered home!
Christ-Centered Home Giveaways & Deals!
Every day for a week, starting on May 22, there will be a new blog post with tips and encouragement for different aspects of cultivating Christ-centered homes.
- Monday: PDF full of fantastic limited-time deals, freebies, and fun opportunities. (This is ready for download below!)
- Tuesday: Using stories and great read-alouds to point your children to Christ.
- Wednesday: Our favorite character training resources.
- Thursday: How to make God’s Word a priority in your family.
- Friday: Tips for approaching kids’ entertainment in your home.
- Saturday: 12 reasons to teach theology
⭐️ Don’t forget to join our Homeschool Successfully FB group for daily flash giveaways!
I hope you enjoy the series and that it’s a blessing to you!
Download the Deals and Freebies PDF!
To bless you as you create a Christ-centered home for your family, several generous sponsors have donated deals, freebies, and more for this series! Download the pdf below and enjoy. ❤️