I have never been one for digital planners. I’m not sure why, as I’ve always definitely been a digital gal, in general. Our family calendar is online, I do a lot of work online now, my husband is in the tech industry, and I was as well before coming to stay home with my kids.
Still, that whole effort of remembering to open my computer and launch the planner seemed insurmountable (I’m lazy like that). On the other hand, my paper planners weren’t working out for me too well, either. I would put so much effort into setting up lesson plans only to abandon them a week in or have to change everything manually to get back on track. SUCH a pain.
When I had a chance to try out Homeschool Planet, the online planner from the Homeschool Co-Op, I decided it was definitely worth a shot. I had heard so many good things about it and, well, what I was doing wasn’t working out so well anyway. Of course, my plan all along was to share with you an inside peek at Homeschool Planet, pros and cons, and give you my bottom line on this digital planner.
What is Homeschool Planet?
Homeschool Planet is an online planning system for homeschoolers. It is designed to be easy-to-use, with a full set of features that help you plan your homeschool and much more. Here are a few highlights:
- Separate logins for each student
- Daily Digest emails to everyone in the family
- Email and text message reminders to help everyone stay on schedule
- Lesson plans with assignments, web links, notes, and more
- Easy attendance tracking, grading and transcript creation
- And, much more!
What Can Homeschool Planet Do?
- Calendar (a big picture view of everything)
- Planner (a simple list view)
- Resources (list of sites, books, CDs, etc.)
- Lesson Plans (assignments, links, etc. for lessons)
What I Love About this Online Homeschool Planner
- Rescheduling helper
- Bulk scheduling for classes and lessons
- Mobile version for editing calendars
- Reminders to schedule sent to me via email
- Helps cut down on paper clutter (need that!)
- Syncs with digital calendars such as Google and iCal (love it!)
- Customize school days, vacation days, and more scheduling details
- Personalized dashboard, including daily scripture, shopping lists, to-do lists, and more
A Few Things to Consider
Of course, Homeschool Planet is still a digital planner so I can’t escape the necessity of having to actually open it and log on. (haha) But they even addressed that by sending me emails, which showed up on my phone, to remind me to do my scheduling and update for the week. Very helpful!
I do think that Homeschool Planet would be even more useful to me as my kids grow older. Right now they are all 8 and under, and aren’t online themselves. But as they do go online and become more independent, I would be able to more fully use the amazing features provided such as reports, sharing calendars, sending texts, reminders, and to do lists, and so on. With 6 kids in the household, these things will save a homeschool mom’s sanity as they all start doing their own thing!
Homeschool Planet provides an excellent, feature-rich online homeschool planning solution. It is so customizable and meets so many needs that the price definitely seems worth it!
I highly recommend signing up for their FREE 30-day trial and giving a good go of it yourself. Be sure to make use of their great support for help tweaking it to meet your needs!
Connect with Homeschool Planet
Enter to Win a 1-Year Subscription to Homeschool Planet!
Homeschool Buyer’s Co-Op is sponsoring a giveaway for Proverbial Homemaker readers! Simply enter below for a chance to win a 1-year subscription of Homeschool Planet ($65 value)!
Giveaway ends August 5th at 11:59 PM PST. Winner has 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post and giveaway. However, I have provided my honest opinion about these products and am happy to share them with you!