While I sometimes pine over the separate rooms other home schools have, I think it has been a blessing for us to not have that space.
- Our entire house has a learning atmosphere.
- Everything we’re working on is showcased.
- We are forced to keep things tidier than if it were all tucked away in a room somewhere.
- We can “do school” where we do life!
Small Space Homeschooling Areas
- Toys rotated in (bins in coat closet hold rotation toys), a fun road rug from Ikea
- TAG readers
- Magna doodles
- Play kitchen
- Lego table
- Mirrors and baby toys
- Educational posters
- Coffee table and other furniture for creative play
- Bible Time basket (for daily morning Bible Time and spontaneous reading)
- Library book basket
- Easel with art paper rools
- Dry erase and chalk boards (part of the easel)
- Flannel board (propped onto easel)
- Art display clipboards (more hung up in bathrooms)