Do your kids love Legos? Mine do! Over the past few years I have enjoyed taking this passion for Legos and building to create Bible Brick Challenge plans for kids that help teach the most important thing – God’s Word – with such a fun and educational tool!
For 2018, we’re publishing a free monthly calendar here on Proverbial Homemaker with simple build challenges from Genesis to Revelation! You’ll be able to print off the one-page calendar for each month and follow along. Each day, read all or a portion of the passage indicated as your kids do the build challenge. That’s it! Easy peasy.
If you’d like to include some engaging questions and devotions, I recommend pairing this challenge with Bible Road TripBible Road Trip (the Bible curriculum we use) or 365 Great Bible Stories: The Good News from Genesis to Revelation, which is a great simple devotional for younger kids.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- You can use this challenge as a year-long survey of the Bible. While not every verse and story will be covered, we’ll hit the major stories!
- If you can’t do every day, don’t worry about it! Decide ahead of time which builds to do or pick one or two days of the week to do a build challenge.
- Tell your child what the build challenge is and help them come up with any additional ideas if they want to get creative. Consider ideas, objects, scenes, characters, etc.
- Be sure to take pictures of your child’s creations. At the end of the week break them down together for a fresh start. Every two months or so, put together a digital photo album or order them printed in a Chatbooks photo book!
- This is meant to be fun and help your child engage in the story. Don’t worry about catching up – there is no “behind” on this plan!
- Read the passage or the relevant portion of it to your child as they build. You’ll be amazed at what they retain when little hands keep busy!
Don’t forget to share your photos on Instagram and tag me at @tauna_phomemaker! Or you can email them to me at tauna (at) proverbialhomemaker (dot) com and I’d love to feature them on the Proverbial Homemaker Facebook page, here on the blog, or our Homeschool Successfully FB group.
Have fun together as you dig into God’s Word in a fun and unique way!
Monthly Links for the One-Year Build Challenge & Reading Plan
- January – Genesis 1 – 39
- February – Genesis 41 – Exodus 25
- March –
- April –
- May –
- June –
- July –
- August –
- September –
- October –
- November –
- December –