As moms of busy families, it can be difficult to find the time and mental energy to focus on making healthy choices in our homemaking. We have a lot on our plates! But making small steps toward more natural living IS possible. I keep this page updated with the top posts on Proverbial Homemaker with my best natural living tips for busy families. Find some inspiration and pick one to try this week!
Using essential oils in your home can be an effective way to start on the path of natural living for busy families. Boost your immune system, deal with anxiety, lift your mood, manage skin conditions, and more! Check out some of these posts about specific oils as well as how to address different concerns using single oils and blends.
- 20+ Best Essential Oils for Allergies (Including Recipes and a Kid-Safe List!)
- Best Essential Oils for Pregnancy, Labor, and Postpartum (Free Download)
- Essential Oils Safe for Pets (+ 5 Essential Oil Recipes for Dogs)
- 14 Best Essential Oils for Anxiety (+ 5 Recipes)
- Natural Ways to Stay Healthy During Cold and Flu Season (+ a Hand Hygiene Poster!)
- Essential Oils for Women’s Health
- 10 Best Essential Oil Gift Ideas
- 10 Best Perfume Recipes Using Essential Oils
- DIY Essential Oils Colognes for Men
- Essential Oils for Men
- Essential Oils for Better Sleep (+ Recipes!)
- DIY Homemade Sunscreen Recipe
- DIY Natural Hand Cleanser (+ Hand Sanitizer You Can Buy)
- DIY Scented Pinecones Using Essential Oils – Fun Seasonal Activity for Kids!
- Simple DIY Essential Oil Diffusers Using Coffee
How to Use Specific Oils
- Lavender Essential Oil Uses, Safety Info, and Recipes
- Best Cinnamon Essential Oil Uses, Safety, and Recipes
- 10 Best Uses for Frankincense Essential Oil
- 15 Best Uses for Oregano Essential Oil
- 7 Ways to Use Clary Sage Essential Oil + Recipes!
- 35 DIY Natural Cleaning Recipes to Detox Your Home (+ Free Printable)
- 5 Quick and Easy DIY Cleaner Recipes (+ Free Printable)
Essential Oils for Kids
- Using Essential Oils with Kids
- Essential Oils NOT Safe for Kids
- Essential Oils Safe for Kids (Free Printable)
Want to Learn More About Essential Oils in General?
- Getting Started with Essential Oils (No MLM Required)
- The BEST Resources for Learning About Essential Oils
- Getting Started With Essential Oils
- Skeptical About Essential Oils?
- How Do Essential Oils Work?
- 10 Essential Oils Everyone Should Have
- Are Essential Oils Worth the Money?
- Choosing an Essential Oils Company (No MLM Required)
- Essential Oils Dilution Rates (Free Printable)
More Healthy Tips & Home Remedies
Here are more tips and home remedies! I love these ideas for natural living for busy families. The elderberry syrup is something we use often when the sniffles come around!
- Uses and Benefits of Elderberry Syrup for Large Family Living
- Elderberry Syrup for Kids (That they actually like!)
- Teach Kids to Cook Simple Meals
- Homemade Cough Drops for Kids
- 5 Ways to Get Kids to Eat More Vegetables
- 5 Proven Ways to Save Money on Produce
- Physical Activity for Kids
- Being Active As A Busy Mom
Need some healthy recipe ideas for that growing family? Here are dinners, snacks, and more.
- 25+ Healthy Snacks For Kids
- 8 Fun & Healthy Iced Tea Ideas
- 25+ Healthy Breakfast Muffins
- Healthy Breakfast Muffins: Recipe + Add-Ons!
- Flax Crackers: Easy and Healthy Gluten-Free Snack
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 25+ Whole 30 Instant Pot Recipes
- 25 Weight Watchers Instant Pot Recipes
- 25 Instant Pot Bean Recipes
- Creamy Crock Pot Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
- 30 Minute Baked Potato Chips
- Homemade Buffalo Chicken Recipe
You might also like…
Top 3 Simple Daily Habits for Christian Moms – More flexible than goals and resolutions! ❤️
This free homeschool planning workshop will guide you through the essential steps for setting up a plan that WORKS for you!