I am in love with hot sauce lately. I just can’t get enough of it! So I’ve been looking for ways to make a buffalo chicken similar to what I’ve had in restaurants but healthier and less expensive.
I found it.
Disclosure: *This post may include affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the disclosures and terms for more information.
Here it is, my friends! This is my favorite buffalo chicken recipe. I make this often alongside the crispy chicken pieces I make for my kids.
Homemade Buffalo Chicken
The perfect healthy buffalo chicken recipe with DIY buffalo sauce.
Write a review
- 2 lb chicken breast, cut into pieces or strips
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (no sugar)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of glucomannan, arrowroot, or other thickener
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine melted butter, hot sauce, garlic powder, and thickener in a blender. Blend on medium speed until mixed well. You may want to add a pinch more of thickener depending on how you like your sauce. I like mine slightly thicker than the hot sauce comes out of the bottle.
- Set aside a small amount of your sauce for dipping.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the remaining sauce and place on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with reserved buffalo sauce and ranch or blue cheese for dipping.
- Make crispy buffalo chicken by coating the chicken in melted butter and then crushed rice cereal, finely ground almonds, or ground pork rinds. Then coat in buffalo sauce before baking.
Proverbial Homemaker https://www.proverbialhomemaker.com/
This buffalo chicken is perfect for dinner or served cold for lunches, or maybe even a picnic as the weather warms up! Just don’t skimp on the hot sauce. 😉
This Post Has 2 Comments
Dawn P21 Apr 2015
Yum! What brand of hot sauce do use? I’m just getting started in THM, and I haven’t even thought to look at hot sauces yet.
Tauna21 Apr 2015
THM folks usually say Frank’s hot sauce but my store doesn’t have it. The plain generic store brand seems to be the most simple for ingredients and has no sugar. And it’s cheap! 🙂