Disclosure: *This post may include affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the disclosures and terms for more information.
- Have Reasonable Expectations
- Have a Weekly Cleaning Routine (today’s topic)
- Have a Morning and Evening Routine
- Enlist Help With Home Management
- Simplify and Streamline
I’ve written a few times about how we handle our daily and weekly routines as a family. When a schedule fails, a routine is the life raft.
Schedules have their place. I use them. But the lovely thing about a routine is that it is a rhythm that you can just groove right back into without too much fuss.
One of the best things I’ve done is find a cleaning routine that I can pick back up when I suddenly realize I’ve dropped the ball. Whether it’s a day later, a week later, a month… whatever. Just get back into the groove!
To Find Your Cleaning Groove:
- Write down the things you MUST clean during the week. (The groove is not for monthly or seasonal work.)
- Assign the tasks to the days of the week until done.
- Give yourself one day of rest. Don’t laugh! I’m totally serious.
- Try to make the groove memorable: a song, alliteration, or some other association.
- Meal Plan Monday: Make the meal plan for the week and create the grocery list.
- Toilet Tuesday: Clean both the bathrooms and work on the tubs or cabinets if I have time.
- Wash Wednesday: Windows, bedding, laundry catch-up if needed, diapers, etc.
- Thorough Tidy Thursday: Tidying the bedrooms and upstairs areas.
- Floor Friday: Mop and vacuum, sweep outside if I feel like it, etc.
- Special Project Saturday: Pick from a list of household projects. The list is endless. I just need to do one!
- Sabbath Sunday: Granted, basic cleaning still gets done, but I have reasonable expectations! This is still generally a day of worship and rest as a family.
- Cleaning List and other to-do lists from Money Saving Mom
- House Cleaning Schedule from Time Warp Wife
- Giveaway of The Homemaker’s Guide to Creating the Perfect Schedule for Proverbial Homemaker email subscribers and regular readers.
- Some Tips for Making a Cleaning Routine at Mimi’s House
- Making a Busy House Flow from In All You Do
Enchanted Homeschooling Mom ~ Homeschool Gameschool ~ Are We There Yet? ~ Life with Moore Babies ~ No Doubt Learning ~ Mrs. Redd’s Classroom Blog ~ Proverbial Homemaker ~ My Joy Filled Life ~ Preschool Powol Packets ~ Adventures in Mommydom ~ Vicki Arnold ~ Only Passionate Curiosity ~ Living Life and Learning ~ Farm Fresh Adventures ~ 3 Dinosaurs ~ For This Season
Linking up with:
Monday – The Better Mom, A Mama’s Story, What Joy is Mine
Tuesday – Road to 31, Growing Home, Time-Warp Wife, Hip Homeschool Hop, Real Life Homeschooling
Wednesday – Raising Arrows, Black Fox Homestead, Deep Roots at Home, Hope in Every Season, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home, Raising Homemakers, Women Living Well
Thursday – Teaching Mama, All Things With Purpose, Serving Joyfully, Leaving a Legacy, Giveaway Day with Hip Homeschool Moms, Enchanted Homeschooling Mom, Raising Mighty Arrows
Friday – Womanhood With Purpose, Holy Spirit Led Homeschooling
Other – Look What We Did, Mom Tested Family Approved