Have a Morning and Evening Routine
Ahhh, my favorite topic. Ok, not really. When it comes to managing a home while homeschooling (or parenting, for that matter) this is the area I struggle with the most.
Why is having a morning and evening routine so important?
- You are better able to accomplish your most precious priorities.
- The day will start with a centered, prepared Mama.
- The day will end with the peace of a (relatively) uncluttered mind.
- You will feel like a rockstar. Oh yes.
- 6:30 Wake up (earlier if the God sets the 9-month old to wake up earlier)
- Coffee/Tea + Bible and Prayer (and possibly a 9-month old companion)
- Computer time: Check email and social media
- Set out breakfast and wait for the thunder of children running downstairs
- Greet them with a hug!
- Prepare materials for the next day:
- Get meal plan for next day confirmed and set up whatever is needed.
- Check next day’s homeschool plan and get kids’ work baskets and all needed materials set up.
- Quick tidy
- 9:30 Stop working on household, school, and other planning and blogging (ooh this is a hard one, but I think it needs to be done!)
- Read the Bible (perhaps a psalm/proverb to end the night with?)
- 10:30 All done! Set out clothes for next day and go to bed
What will you set as your morning and evening routines?
Again, focus on the things that will be easier for you to remember and give you the biggest benefit.
- 10 Tips for Establishing a Nighttime Routine from Raising Mighty Arrows
- 10 Tips to Jumpstart Your Morning, also from Raising Mighty Arrows
- How to Develop a Routine That Works – And Stick With It! From Money Saving Mom
- Giveaway of The Homemaker’s Guide to Creating the Perfect Schedule for Proverbial Homemaker email subscribers and regular readers.
Enchanted Homeschooling Mom ~ Homeschool Gameschool ~ Are We There Yet? ~ Life with Moore Babies ~ No Doubt Learning ~ Mrs. Redd’s Classroom Blog ~ Proverbial Homemaker ~ My Joy Filled Life ~ Preschool Powol Packets ~ Adventures in Mommydom ~ Vicki Arnold ~ Only Passionate Curiosity ~ Living Life and Learning ~ Farm Fresh Adventures ~ 3 Dinosaurs ~ For This Season
Linking up with:
Monday – The Better Mom, A Mama’s Story, What Joy is Mine
Tuesday – Road to 31, Growing Home, Time-Warp Wife, Hip Homeschool Hop, Real Life Homeschooling
Wednesday – Raising Arrows, Black Fox Homestead, Deep Roots at Home, Hope in Every Season, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home, Raising Homemakers, Women Living Well
Thursday – Teaching Mama, All Things With Purpose, Serving Joyfully, Leaving a Legacy, Giveaway Day with Hip Homeschool Moms, Enchanted Homeschooling Mom, Raising Mighty Arrows
Friday – Womanhood With Purpose, Holy Spirit Led Homeschooling
Other – Look What We Did, Mom Tested Family Approved