Disclosure: *This post may include affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the disclosures and terms for more information.
|None of the pictures in this post are in focus. It’s a special skill. I may write an eBook about it.|
I have been messing around with wheat roll recipes to find something just right. And I have found it. You will thank me! You will also hug your beloved bread machine.
These, my friends, are the perfect rolls.
Why are they perfect?
- They are delicious.
- They contain ALL whole wheat, not just partial
- They contain no refined sugars
- They contain no oil, if that is a concern for you
- They are good for sandwiches or to accompany dinner or breakfast
- They are made with the bread machine (best invention since, well, sliced bread. ha!)
|Mmmm… dry ingredients.|
|I said they were perfect. That doesn’t mean perfectly round though. They’re what we call “rustic”. 🙂|
|Make them about the size of your child’s head. Like this.|
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup honey (we use 1/4)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp vital wheat gluten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast (about 1 packet)
- 2 tbsp melted butter, for coating before baking
- In a small bowl, melt the butter and add the yogurt, honey, and milk, mixing well. Pour into the bread machine.
- Add remaining ingredients in order listed (or according to manufacturer’s directions, if different).
- Select dough cycle and start machine.
- When cycle is complete, shape dough into 15 equal rolls and place in oiled baking dish.
- Coat with melted butter.
- Cover and place in a warm location to let rise for 40 minutes to an hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Linking up with:
Monday – The Better Mom, A Mama’s Story, What Joy is Mine
Tuesday – Road to 31, Growing Home, Time-Warp Wife, Hip Homeschool Hop
Wednesday – Raising Arrows, Black Fox Homestead, Deep Roots at Home, Hope in Every Season, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home, Raising Homemakers, Women Living Well
Thursday – Teaching Mama, All Things With Purpose, Serving Joyfully, Leaving a Legacy, Giveaway Day with Hip Homeschool Moms, Enchanted Homeschooling Mom, Raising Mighty Arrows
Friday – Womanhood With Purpose, Holy Spirit Led Homeschooling
Other – Look What We Did