Disclosure: *This post may include affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the disclosures and terms for more information.
Tonight I decided to make a bunch of baked potatoes to use throughout the whole week. Just buy a big bag, bake them, and use the ideas below to make them “new” for future meals!
Here’s how I bake them:
- Wash and scrub
- Trim an end off
- Lightly salt skins
- Stand up on cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes
It’s simple and the skins end up being just right, which means the kids are more likely to eat them. Whatever we don’t eat tonight is stored in a large ziplock or other container in the fridge. Below are several ideas for using them!
- Baked Potato Bar: This is tonights dinner. Fixings include broccoli, shredded cheese, sour cream, onions, beans, and finely shredded carrots.
- Roasted Potatoes: Cut the baked potatoes into cubes, lightly oil and put in a pan with seasonings of choice. We like garlic salt and lemon. Bake for 10-15 minutes and broil at the end to crisp
- Potato Soup: I use my crock pot recipe for potato chowder except in a regular pot on the oven and cut the time down to a half hour to an hour.
- Potato Salad: Choose your favorite potato salad recipe and have a great side for BBQ!
- Chicken Curry: I make my chicken curry recipe but add the cooked potato pieces in at the end.
- Twice Baked Potatoes: If I’m feeling ambitious or worried my huge set of baked potatoes won’t keep, I make twice baked potatoes and freeze them for future meals. These are really good!
Linking up with:
Monday – The Better Mom
Tuesday – Road to 31, Growing Home, Time-Warp Wife, Hip Homeschool Hop
Wednesday – Raising Arrows, Black Fox Homestead, Deep Roots at Home, Hope in Every Season, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home, Raising Homemakers, Women Living Well
Thursday – All Things With Purpose, Serving Joyfully, Leaving a Legacy, Giveaway Day with Hip Homeschool Moms, Enchanted Homeschooling Mom, Raising Mighty Arrows
Friday – Womanhood With Purpose, Holy Spirit Led Homeschooling
Other – Look What We Did