Throughout the New Testament, you will find many parables. Jesus used these parables to tell stories that communicated kingdom truths that are important to understand. These stories contain many valuable lessons for everyone.
I love to read and discuss the parables of Jesus with my kids. We talk about how the character of God is revealed in the parable, what it tells us about us and mankind, and what the main take-away should be.
Disclosure: *This post may include affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the disclosures and terms for more information.
You can go through the parables of Jesus as you read straight through the Bible. You can also spend some weeks just focusing on the parables as a part of your family devotions.
To make that easier, we have Parables of Jesus packs – volume 1 and volume 2. They go through a set of the parables of Jesus in a kid-friendly way. You can read the passage for each parable and then use the printable activities and discussion guide to go deeper.
Parables of Jesus – Volume 2
The Parables of Jesus Volume 2 is the second pack in the Parable series. (You can find volume 1 of the Parables of Jesus here.) t contains over 50 pages of fun activities and study worksheets on twelve different parables found in the Bible. These 12 parables are:
- The Growing Seed
- The Two Debtors
- The Lamp under the Bushel
- The Ten Virgins
- The Barren Fig Tree
- The Rich Man and Lazarus
- The Wicked Husbandmen
- The Pharisee and the Tax Collector
- New Wine into Old Wineskin
- Counting the Cost
- The Friend at Night
- The Sheep and the Goats
At the beginning of the pack are a variety of general activities. Included are:
- Word Search – Find the Names of the Parables
- Alphabetical Order – Write the words from the Parables in alphabetical order
- Unscramble the Words
- Count the Coins – Fun maths activity that works on using tally marks and counting
- Sheep and Goats – Research sheep and goats and write some characteristics about each animal
- Light or Darkness – Write the words into the correct columns
- How Many Words can you make from – The Friend at Night
- Shape Patches – Match the shape patches on the shirt to the correct shape
- Favorite Parable
- Crack the Code – Crack the Code to read the Bible verse relating to one of the Parables
- Fill in the Words – Fill in the words to complete the puzzle
- Mazes – Find the letters as you go through the maze and create a word
These activities can be done before, after or even in between completing the Parable activities. These activities are aimed at children of all ages, as they can work at their own level and pace.
After the general activities pages, you’ll find a set of pages specific to each of the 12 parables:
- Summary of the parable that Jesus told.
- Discussion guide / notebooking page with questions
- Illustration page to draw a representation of the parable
At the end of the pack is a set of Scripture verse copywork pages in both KJV and ESV.
How to Use Parables of Jesus – Volume 2
For each of the 12 Parables, here is what I recommend :
- Read the parable straight from your Bible first. (The Scripture reference is listed for your convenience.)
- Complete the three pages for the parable (summary, discussion/notebooking, and illustration) and the copywork page.
- Choose the general activity sheets from the beginning of the pack that you want your child to complete for this parable
- You can re-read the passage while your child completes their illustrations or activity pages.
- Don’t try to do all these things in one day. Spread it out over a few days or even a week per parable and spend time in God’s Word!
I hope you enjoy this fun printable pack!