A while ago I wrote about our decision to try a gluten free diet after reading Weeding Out Wheat by Luke and Trisha Gilkerson. So, off I set to find some easy recipes to build up a dinner rotation that was gluten free with dairy free options as well.
Are you a GF newbie too? Here are some resources and dinner ideas that might help you out!
- Intoxicated on Life recipes
- Weeding Out Wheat support group on Facebook
- Pinterest searches! Here’s my growing board called The GF Experiment
- Book: Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free for the Frugal and Lazy Cook by Heather Demeritte
- Book: Special Diet Solutions: Healthy Cooking Without Wheat, Gluten, Dairy, Eggs, Yeast or Refined Sugar by Carol Fenster, PhD
Convenience Food Blessings
(eventually I’ll make my own)
- Bob’s Red Mill mixes, especially the cornbread
- All-purpose gluten-free flour from Costco
- GF cookie dough from Pillsbury
- GF pizza from Dominoes
- GF chicken and beef bullion cubes
- Earth Balance Soy-Free butter substitute (it really tastes as good as butter!)
- Marinara and spaghetti sauce (check the ingredients) use liberally with rice pasta!
Our Growing Dinner Rotation
My recipe criteria: easy, husband-approved, and only a few “new” ingredients for now. That means that I looked for naturally gluten free meals, easily modified recipes, and purchased a few pre-made mixes/products.
Here are the meals that we have tried out and enjoyed enough to add to our regular meal rotation.
- Easy Confetti Rice
- Roast wrapped asparagus with roasted potatoes and salad
- GF Swedish meatballs with veggies and salad (simplified this recipe)
- GF meatballs with marinara sauce, rice pasta, and salad/veggies
- GF Red beans and sausage with rice
- GF/DF Shepherd’s pie (recipe to come)
- Crock pot whole chicken with rosemary potatoes and veggies
- GF Minestrone (using rice shell pasta)
- Chili with GF cornbread (Bob’s Red Mill GF cornbread mix)
- Teriyaki chicken (using GF teriyaki sauce) with brown rice
- Coconut chicken curry and brown rice
- Baked potato bar and veggies
- Nachos or corn shell tacos with beef, beans, or chicken
- GF hamburger goulash (using rice pasta)
- GF Meatloaf with salad and veggies
What are your favorite easy gluten-free and/or dairy-free meals?