We are always on the lookout for great Christ-centered activities during the holidays. Easter can be one of those times where it is too easy to get caught up in the things that aren’t as important. Bunnies, chicks, egg decorating and huntings, chocolate and treats… these are all fun things to do, but we want to focus the hearts and minds of our family on the resurrection of Jesus Christ!
One of our big win finds for Easter has been the Glow in the Dark Egglo Eggs! My kids adore easter egg hunts! They love to search out for hidden treasures and uncover things through clues as well. Egglo is perfect for our family because of the fun, unique activities and the Christ-centered focus.
Disclosure: *This post may include affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the disclosures and terms for more information.
What are Egglo Eggs?
Egglo eggs are glow-in-the-dark plastic Easter eggs with a cross design on them. They create an amazing egg-hunting experience that is all about Jesus. There is a story book you can read to your kids, stickers and scriptures, and tons of supporting materials for a whole Easter egg event that your kids will love.
Here’s what you get in the Egglo pack:
- Glow in the Dark Egglo Eggs
- The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure book
- Egglo Treasures Scripture Scrolls
- Egglo Bible Verse Stickers
- The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure Character Stickers
- The Egglo Glow in the Dark Egg Hunt Event Curriculum
The curriculum that comes with the eggs is quite extensive, including coloring pages, snack ideas, activity and craft suggestions, event instructions for larger groups like schools or co-ops, and more.
How We’ve Used Egglo Glow-in-the-Dark Easter Eggs
For the eggs themselves, the only preparation I had to do was to fill the eggs with the cute little scripture scrolls that were included and one of the scripture stickers. Then I set them in the windowsill to “charge up” so that they would glow strong during the hunt.
Here’s what we did for our egg hunting event:
- I read the Egg-cellent Easter Adventure book to the kids during lunch time and while they worked on the coloring pages from the curriculum.
- After naps, the kids ate our special snack (hard boiled eggs and popcorn) while I finished up the story book.
- They played outside while I quickly darkened the house and hid the eggs.
- Before coming in, I reminded them of the rules (help little kids find an egg, no pushing or rudeness, etc)
- We opened the eggs and read through all the scriptures together, talking about how they connected to the points in the story we read.
- Each child chose a piece of candy from a bag to celebrate and end our egg hunt.
A Fantastic Christ-Centered Easter Tradition
This was a win for us. The kids really enjoyed the egg hunt and we’ll definitely do it again in the days leading up to Easter. Probably a few times after that too if my kids have their way! Next time we’ll do it outside or upstairs where it’s darker and use flashlights to find additional “regular” eggs. We may also set it up in a treasure hunt style with clues leading them to the treasure, just like in the book.
I wanted to especially call out the book. The Egg-cellent Easter Adventure book was my kids’ favorite part. It is really well done, keeping them completely engaged in the story with the action, mystery, and beautiful illustrations. Later in the week I caught them playing “Egglo” in the yard, reenacting the story! It will definitely be a staple in our Easter book stash.
You Might Also Like…