Do you know someone who has had a new baby, surgery, chronic illness, or just a hard week? Bring them a meal! It’s as easy as making a double batch – one for you family and one for theirs.
Here are several meal ideas. You might also want to check out my last post on the subject, where I provide some tips and general resources. Also check out my Ministry Meals and Freezer Cooking Pinterest boards for ideas!
Disclosure: *This post may include affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the disclosures and terms for more information.
Here are some of the best meals I’ve given and/or received:
- Taco/burrito bar – simple, easy, good for kids. Provide tortillas, beans, meat, cheese, avocado, tomato, onion, olives, etc.
- Salad bar
- Sandwich platter
- Lasagnas and pasta dishes – make sure there aren’t tons of other people bringing these though!
- Roasted chicken with potatoes and other sides
- Frozen, pre-balled cookie dough
- Quiche and fruit for breakfast
- Crock pot dump meals (bring all the ingredients to dump in crock pot, including meat, often marinated)
Some of my favorite recipes for giving meals:
- Crock pot potato chowder (include a bag of rolls)
- Crock pot taco soup (include a bag of tortilla chips and shredded cheese)
- Easy lasagna (include garlic bread and a salad/veggie side)
- Crock pot whole chicken (serve with bread and veggies)
- Crock pot pinto beans (for burrito bar)
- Crock pot beef stew (include bread and side salad)
- Crock pot chalupas (include rice, chips, or tortillas)
Meal Ministry Ideas from $5 Dinners
- Browse my Meals Ministry board on Pinterest. I hope to try many of them!
- Freezer meals are great ministry meals too! Browse my Freezer Meals board on Pinterest
- Simple Bites posts an excellent guide on providing sympathy meals
- The Kitchn gives lunch ideas – it’s such a blessing to have lunch covered as well! Consider doing it in addition to / instead of a dinner meal
- Eat2Gather – A beautiful blog about sharing meals, includes lots of recipes
- Make Them a Meal – another wonderful blog with meal ministry ideas