Do you know someone who has had a new baby, surgery, chronic illness, or just a hard week? Bring them a meal! It’s as easy as making a double batch – one for you family and one for theirs.
Here are several meal ideas. You might also want to check out my last post on the subject, where I provide some tips and general resources. Also check out my Ministry Meals and Freezer Cooking Pinterest boards for ideas!
Disclosure: *This post may include affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the disclosures and terms for more information.
Here are some of the best meals I’ve given and/or received:
- Taco/burrito bar – simple, easy, good for kids. Provide tortillas, beans, meat, cheese, avocado, tomato, onion, olives, etc.
- Salad bar
- Sandwich platter
- Lasagnas and pasta dishes – make sure there aren’t tons of other people bringing these though!
- Roasted chicken with potatoes and other sides
- Frozen, pre-balled cookie dough
- Quiche and fruit for breakfast
- Crock pot dump meals (bring all the ingredients to dump in crock pot, including meat, often marinated)
Top 13 “Meal Ministry” Meals from Comfy in the Kitchen
Some of my favorite recipes for giving meals:
- Crock pot potato chowder (include a bag of rolls)
- Crock pot taco soup (include a bag of tortilla chips and shredded cheese)
- Easy lasagna (include garlic bread and a salad/veggie side)
- Crock pot whole chicken (serve with bread and veggies)
- Crock pot pinto beans (for burrito bar)
- Crock pot beef stew (include bread and side salad)
- Crock pot chalupas (include rice, chips, or tortillas)
Meal Ministry Ideas from $5 Dinners
Source: 5dollardinners.com via Tauna on Pinterest
- Browse my Meals Ministry board on Pinterest. I hope to try many of them!
- Freezer meals are great ministry meals too! Browse my Freezer Meals board on Pinterest
- Simple Bites posts an excellent guide on providing sympathy meals
- The Kitchn gives lunch ideas – it’s such a blessing to have lunch covered as well! Consider doing it in addition to / instead of a dinner meal
- Eat2Gather – A beautiful blog about sharing meals, includes lots of recipes
- Make Them a Meal – another wonderful blog with meal ministry ideas
This Post Has 2 Comments
Denise Marie12 Jan 2013
awesome ideas for meals and ministry.
Mrs. Sarah Coller20 Jan 2013
These are great resources—thanks for getting them all together in one place! Thought I was following you on Pinterest…but I wasn’t so now I am! Ha! 🙂 Hope you have a great week! Been thinking about you…hope all is well!