Have you been thinking about using more natural cleaning products in your home? Especially for those of us that have kids or pets, commercial cleaners are not ideal and can easily be replaced.
At our house, we have been under a gradual transition away from those harsh chemicals and toward more natural cleaners. Spring cleaning is a great time to make some changes in your cleaning cabinet. Here are a few things we have in ours.
Create a DIY Natural Cleaning Kit
Creating a DIY natural cleaning kit only requires a few products. With them you can create a variety of cleaning recipes and get your whole house spic and span! We have a caddy set up with spray bottles, sponges with scrubbers, microfiber cloths and paper towels, and scrub brushes. Here is a list of the ingredients we have on hand for making cleaners.
- White vinegar: A staple for disinfecting, cutting through grease, cleaning windows, deodorizing, and more.
- Castile soap: A wonderful general cleaner that works in several recipes and can replace hand soaps, detergents, and other cleaners.
- Lemon juice: Cuts through stubborn grease and freshens up the home while deep cleaning
- Baking soda: Great for scrubbing surfaces, freshening enclosed spaces, and used with vinegar to cleanse drains.
- Hydrogen peroxide: Good for use as a disinfectant, removing stains, as a bleach alternative, and for loosening tough grime.
- Washing soda: A tough cleaner for cutting through grease, de-griming inside appliances, and of course as a laundry detergent ingredient.
- Essential oils: Tea tree, orange, lemon and lavender are my favorites for cleaning products with their lovely scents and powerful antibiotic, antiviral, and antibacterial properties.
Tub and Tile Cleaner
This simple tub and tile cleaner has great scrubbing action and gets your bathroom sparkling clean.
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup washing soda
- 1/4 cup liquid castile soap
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
Combine, adjusting the castile soap amount until it forms a thick paste. Use with a cloth or sponge to scrub your sinks, tiles, tubs, and more.
FREE 7-Day eCourse!
Rock your homemaking (and support your family’s health) with essential oils!