Are you serving your family joyfully? I know… serving them is hard work. It is even more difficult to minister to them joyfully and with the best of what you have to offer. I struggle with it sometimes, too. However, I know I’m not alone in my deep desire to serve my family faithfully and cheerfully.
Disclosure: *This post may include affiliate links. As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the disclosures and terms for more information.
Friends, our primary ministry is serving those that God has blessed us with in our own homes. Do you struggle with serving your family joyfully? We all do sometimes. Let us turn to God’s Word as we encourage each other and pray over the ministry God has called us to!
11 Scriptures on Serving Your Family Joyfully
Here are 20 scriptures (ESV) that you can meditate on and pray over as you purpose to serve your family joyfully. I encourage you to choose a handful to memorize.
You can download the first four as beautiful scripture art prints (in ESV and KJV) to put up on your wall or tuck into your journal. These are my gifts to you and I do hope they bless you!
- Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8
- By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; Proverbs 24:3
- Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
- Do all things without grumbling or disputing. Philippians 2:14
- Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:3-3
- Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58
- Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” 1 Peter 5:5
- But it shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:43-45
- Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
- When he had washed their feet and put on his outer garments and resumed his place, he said to them, “Do you understand what I have done to you? You call me Teacher and Lord, and you are right, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you. Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. John 13:12-17
- Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men. Colossians 3:23
Serving Your Family Joyfully Art Prints (ESV & KJV)
Download the Scripture Printable
Want to go deeper in praying for your family? Join me and thousands of others in Read, Pray, Love: 52 Weeks of Praying for Your Family. You can start any time by downloading this FREE system that includes 52 scripture cards (ESV and KJV), prayer journal pages, and more!